Meijburg & Co’s Germany Desk provides, in close collaboration with KPMG Germany, tax advice to companies and individuals with cross-border interests, investments or activities. The members of the Country Desk have specific knowledge of and experience with the Dutch / German ‘frontier’. Most of them speak German and are familiar with the German market and German customs. Various members have studied and/or worked in Germany.
The core activities of the Country Desk mainly consist of providing advice on:
- starting and structuring business activities in or from Germany
- structuring and implementing cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring
- cross-border financing
- real estate investment in or from Germany
- types of legal forms (including joint ventures and partnerships)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head office or service centers in the Netherlands
- the amendment of legislation and case law in Germany and the implications of this for Dutch investors
- secondment of staff to and from Germany
- cross-border option and pension plans
- emigration from and immigration to Germany
- the provision and exchange of information between both countries
The provision of advice also covers Dutch and German corporate income tax, VAT, customs, payroll tax and personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax and the local German taxes, such as the German Gewerbesteuer.
The close collaboration between the professionals of Meijburg & Co and our German colleagues ensures that the knowledge and expertise of the international KPMG network is used to its best advantage and this contributes to the right choices being made in applying regulations of both countries. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services. The members of the Germany Desk can quickly and efficiently assist clients in German, English and/or Dutch.