Meijburg & Co’s Italy Desk works closely with the tax professionals of KPMG Italy to provide tax advice to businesses and private individuals engaged in cross-border shareholdings, investments, or operations. The professionals who work for this country desk are the top experts in their fields, and can offer you efficient, professional advice on all tax-related issues.
The country desk’s principal advisory activities focus on issues such as:
- starting up and structuring entrepreneurial activities in or from Italy
- cross-border acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and restructurings
- cross-border financing
- investing in real estate in or from Italy
- the choice of legal forms (including partnerships and joint ventures)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands
- developments in Italian statutory and case law
- seconding staff to or from Italy
- cross-border stock option and pension plans
- emigration to, or immigration from, Italy
- the provision of information and exchange of information between the Dutch Revenue and Italian Ministry of Finance
We can also advise you on such topics as Dutch and Italian corporate income tax, VAT, customs and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax, and local taxes in Italy. The close cooperation between our professionals and those of KPMG Italy guarantees optimal use of the knowledge and expertise of these two firms, and well-coordinated advice regarding Dutch and Italian legislation. If you wish, we can coordinate consultancy services relating to non-tax-related issues, such as legal and accounting services.